|Time period :||Late Cretaceous period|
|In the series|
|Brought back :||None|
Parasaurolophus was a genus of herbivorous dinosaur from the Late Cretaceous Period. It lived in what is now North America about 77-65 MYA and belonged to the Hadrosaur family. It is thought to have alternated between bipedal and quadrupedal locomotion circumstantially dependent. Parasaurolophus had a long crest on its head and probably grew to around 10 meters long. In Prehistoric Park, it is portrayed as being a herd animal, although Nigel Marven encounters some lone specimens.
- Supercroc: Nigel met a small herd of two at the beginning of this episode and a larger herd later on. He also saw a Deinosuchus preying on a young Parasaurolophus.
- Parasaurolophus was not one of the animals that came to Prehistoric Park, but a herd of Parasaurolophus were seen in the intro.
- Parasaurolophus is thought to have had a deeper bellow sound like this.
- Parasaurolophus could have had skin attaching its crest to the back of its head (like in the image above) as some scientists suggested, but this is a speculation.
- The species of Parasaurolophus in the show was Parasaurolophus walkeri due to its longer and straighter crest. Fossils of that species (like Albertosaurus) come from Canada. No evidence to suggests these dinosaurs inhabited Texas.