|Time period :||Late Cretaceous period|
|In the series|
Albertosaurus is an extinct genus of Tyrannosaur, a relative of Tyrannosaurus. Although of comparable proportions, its build was much more gracile, meaning it would have been lighter. Albertosaurus appeared in Episode 6.
Albertosaurus was up to 30-33 ft. (10 m.) from head to tail, stood about 9-11 ft. (3 m.) tall at the hips, and weighed as much as 3 tons.
Albertosaurus had a long tail that provided the required balance and it even aided the dinosaur while turning. Albertosaurus preyed on Parasaurolophus, bringing them down by hunting in cooperative packs. However, it had a rivalry with the giant crocodilian Deinosuchus, which was considered to be a top predator of that time period.Nigel Marven. As the Parasaurolophus escaped, the pair concentrated on Nigel. As Nigel powered up his jeep, the pair pursued him. Despite going over 30 mph, the Albertosaurus managed to keep up. Shortly after, they stopped.
A pack of Albertosaurus was later seen confronting a group of Deinosuchus over a Parasaurolophus carcass. After they fought over the kill, the Albertosaurus lost and the kill now belonged to the Deinosuchus.
- The hands should be facing inwards, not downwards, since all known theropods have been proven to not have pronated hands as entertainment usually shows (Jurassic Park, etc)
- Adult Albertosaurus probably had feathers, while its young almost certainly had feathers.
- Albertosaurus evolved around 70 Million Years Ago, 5 Million years after the episode's time period.
- Albertosaurus was much more slim than in the episode.
- It lived in Canada, so it shouldn't be found in Texas.